What to Bring
The following is a list of items we recommend incoming clients bring to make their stay at Twin Lakes more enjoyable. This is a suggested list; not all prohibited or suggested items are listed. Please discuss items of concern with your therapist or a member of the intake staff prior to arriving. All items will be inventoried by staff upon arrival.
- Insurance Card
- Prescription Card (if applicable)
- Prescriptions in labeled bottles
Items Provided by Twin Lakes: We will provide you with access to the following items for your convenience:
- Closet or Drawer Space for Clothing
- Washer and Dryer
- Community Television (limited)
- Telephone Access (limited)
- Food and Beverages
- Linens and Towels
- Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener
Twin Lakes is a home-like environment, so we encourage you to dress comfortably and casually. Clothing should not be overly revealing and shoes should be comfortable for walks or outings. You will not need to pack clothes for your full treatment stay, as there are washers and dryers available for regular use. Typically, 7 to 10 days of clothing is enough. Please attempt to keep belongs to 1 suitcase and 1 additional “carry on” type bag.
- Jeans, other comfortable pants, and Full-Length Shorts
- Blouses and T-Shirts
- Tennis Shoes
- Sportswear for Recreational or Fitness Activities
- Pajamas, Robe, and Slippers
- Seasonally appropriate and outdoor activity clothes. You may wish to come prepared with several seasonal clothing options (i.e. raincoat, lightweight jacket, sweater, heavier jacket for winter months, sunglasses, hats, etc.)
- Clothing cannot be revealing or inappropriate (questionable apparel will be determined at the discretion of staff).
- Shirts must meet the waistband of pants. No exposed midriffs. Shirts may not show excessive cleavage.
- See through clothing must be worn with appropriate undershirts. Visible underwear is not appropriate. This applies to men and cut off/sleeveless shirts. An appropriate undershirt must be worn.
- Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer when standing (when standing, your shorts should be no shorter than your fingertips (when arms are at your side).
- No clothing with alcohol, drug, sex, or gang themes, terms, or innuendos.
- Pants must cover hips. No underwear showing. No sagging pants.
- Shoes or socks are to be worn at all times in the house. Shoes must be worn at all times outside the building.
- Shirts must be worn at all times in the house and on the property.
- Sleeping attire may not be worn outside the bedroom.
- Leggings may only be worn if appropriately covered by shirts that fall below the buttocks.
- Gym attire must follow all of the above- mentioned rules: shoes, appropriate length shorts & shirts.
- Men are required to wear shirts at all times: this includes gym, outdoor exercise, and other outdoor activities.
- Any other clothing that is not specifically mentioned in these rules but is deemed inappropriate by staff must be changed.
- Sunglasses should be worn outside only.
All personal toiletries must be in their original container and NEW/unopened. Emery boards are preferred but nail files or clippers may be brought and will be locked in an assigned locked box when not being used.
- Feminine Products
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Body Soap and Face Soap
- Deodorant, Lotion, and Sunscreen
- Hairdryer and Hair Styling Products
Prior to admission, please advise the Admissions Staff of all current prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking. Please include the name, dosage, and frequency of each medication, as well as the name of the prescribing physician. All prescriptions must be current. Your name must be on the prescription label, and there should be no more than the prescribed amount of pills in the bottle. Please bring at least one week of prescription medications with you. A nurse at Twin Lakes will review all
medications with you after admission. If you have a prescription card through your insurance company, bring it with you. Prescriptions are filled at the local pharmacy and kept in the medication room. Medication costs are the responsibility of the client.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications:
New, unopened OTC medications are allowed. Nighttime medications are prohibited. Medications with pseudoephedrine ingredients and weight control supplements are prohibited.
We want you to be comfortable during your stay and we encourage you to pack a few personal items.
- Stationary, envelopes, and stamps are encouraged for writing to family and friends
- Hobby or special interest items (craft materials, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, crocheting materials)
- Photos of family and friends (may be in a frame)
- Personal Notebook for Journaling
- One Stuffed Animal, Favorite Pillow, or Blanket
- Bible or Devotional Reading Materials
What to Leave at Home:
For the safety and confidentiality of Twin Lakes Recovery Center clients, please do not bring the following items:
- Electronic Devices (Cell Phones, Computers, TVs, iPads, DVD Players)
- Weapons and Firearms
- Clothing that Depicts Alcohol, Drugs, Sex or Violence
- Products Containing Alcohol (mouthwash, hairspray, breath spray, astringent, etc.)
- Acetone-Based Products or Aerosol-Spray Products
- Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
- NO CASH IS NEEDED, PLEASE LEAVE AT HOME
- If you are a smoker, please bring enough to last for your stay. If you run out, you may call and ask family to bring them at visitation or drop them off for you.
- We do NOT allow smokeless tobacco products (e-cigarettes, vaping, chew, dip, etc).