Tactical Recovery Program
Twin Lakes Recovery Center offers a specialty program designed specifically to help Veterans and First Responders who are struggling with addiction and substance use disorder (formally known as substance abuse). We recognize the long-lasting impact that these challenging roles can have on individuals and have created a tailored curriculum to meet their unique needs.
Residential treatment as part of the Tactical Recovery program at Twin Lakes Recovery Center provides a safe, structured environment for Veterans and first responders who are struggling with a substance use disorder or mental health issue.
We are honored to partner with the Department of Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (CCN) and PsychArmor, an educational non-profit, as Veteran-Ready programs provide detox and residential treatment services to our nation’s military community.
Located on our 35-acre campus, our Tactical Recovery program includes:
- Trauma-informed care within a service-oriented culture, using evidence-based practices proven effective with Veterans.
- Competency in treating co-occurring mental health diagnoses.
- Two Veteran-specific small groups per week
- Collaborative discharge planning with VA or military command
- Tactical Recovery Alumni App to stay connected and supported after discharge.
- 12-Step programming
- Basketball, fishing, badminton, volleyball
- Experiential Therapies
- Animal-Assisted Therapy with miniature Highland cows
- A specialty in working with personality disorders.
With a focus on mind, body, and spirit, the Tactical Recovery program offers compassionate, quality care in an atmosphere conducive to growth. In the Tactical Recovery residential program, every day is structured to educate, encourage, and empower each resident’s movement into recovery. Each day is full and designed to optimize the time we have with our clients and set them up for success when they leave.